Pfalzburger Str. 34, 10717 Berlin
Software and Test Engineer with extensive experience in both embedded systems and desktop applications. As a developer, I appreciate good testers. As a tester, I appreciate good developers.
- Excellent C/C++
- Excellent C#
- Strong focus on OO
- Strong focus on relevant, reproducible, automatic tests
- ClearCase, ClearQuest
- Experience with MVB, CAN, USB
- Areas of experience and interest: Railway, automotive, print
- Excellent English
- Some Java, SQL, UML, Enterprise Architect, Doors, Linux administration
- Reads and writes documentation
- Acquires, assembles and organizes information from diverse sources
- Communicates well, verbally and in writing
- Team player
Software Engineer developing test tools
Major railway manufacturer, Berlin area, 2014-present
Software test engineer/Software developer
- Configuring test environments for PC based emulations of embedded railway software
- Technolgies: C#, XML
- Obtain specifications for all programs used in the tests from the developers, understand their interaction, design user work flow.
- Programmatically interface with ClearCase
Major railway manufacturer, Berlin area, 2011-2014
- Assemble and understand the specification of the controlled hardware (circuit diagrams, bus interface specs, state diagrams)
- Write an emulation of that hardware in C++ to test against
- Specify, write, run and evaluate tests for the software on the controlling unit (EA, UML)
- Assess software quality, give feedback to developers and project leaders, assist in debugging (ClearQuest)
- Assist in completing and “debugging” the specification
Technical instrument manufacturer, Berlin, 2008-2009
Earlier major assignments
- Setting up a cross-compiler for PowerPC and then cross-compiling a software environment (gtk etc.) for an embedded controller under Linux/busybox
- Shell scripts, make files, patch
- Research and experimentation to fix cross-compiling and run time issues
- Integration, test and debugging of a USB driver in an automotive infotainment platform with a large German supplier. Hardware-assisted in-depth analysis of the USB communication with various devices, hardware-assisted source-code level debugging of the USB stack, deadlock analysis, apple protocols etc.
- Test automation with CANoE, CAPL for an automotive TV tuner. Verification of compliance with the CAN spec. Diagnosis protocol compliance tests. Automatic voltage curve generation of ignition spikes, scripted evaluations with GPIB/RS232 controlled programmable transformers and measuring devices. Systematic explorative testing to detect problematic voltage curves.
- Customizing and debugging of open source software (GhostScript/GhostPCL) for a Raster Image Processor. Written a PCL6 parser in C++ to extract document information.